11 March 2009

Natural Hair and Sisterlocks Meet Up



So I was prepared for a wonderful evening and that's exactly what I got! Today 22 women from the Natural Hair and Sisterlocks Meet Up group finally got to meet up.




The lovely Cherry (pictured above) did a fantastic job organising the event. A nice location, good food, good drink and great people. It's the first time since starting my site that I got to meet-up with the people it embraces. And boy are you all great! Just as I thought. Beautiful inside and out, open, warm, great conversations, great night. It was wonderful to see so many natural heads at differing stages of their journeys. Some seasoned naturals, some newbies and some in weaves or extensions seeking advice and information. What was also interesting was that NO TWO HEADS were the same. We have all been on a similar journey but our destinations are all very different and individual. Here are some pictures...



This is me a Wendy Adams, she has a fab site called 'It's a Sista Thing' with great health tips and advice. Click here to check it out.

I'd just like to add that it was a pleasure to meet you all and I certainly look forward to meeting you all again in the spring/summer time and hopefully some new faces too.

No comments: